Tuesday, July 2, 2013

June Favourites

First off, HAPPY (belated) CANADA DAY! To celebrate, I've decided to put together a small "Monthly Favourites" blogpost to showcase some of my go-to/survival items for the past month of June! Can you believe that we're more than half way through the year 2013?? It's amazing how time flies. Anyways, here are my 
June Favourites  =)

 





  1. BareMinerals READY SPF 15 Touch-Up Veil Finishing Powder in Tinted: I've mentioned this in my previous Sephora Haul post that I've been loving this new finishing powder line from bareMinerals that I decided to get it in translucent as well! It works wonders when I use this to top off my foundation because since it's tinted, it gives a slight 'glow' without making your face look too sparkly or contoured like a bronzer would. This product has definitely been essential to my everyday make up look for the past few month or so but I thought I'd point it out in this favourites post! You can get it at Sephora =)

    2. GEO Angel Blue Contacts: I was never a big fan of blue contacts since I thought it would make my eyes look way too fake. My eyes are naturally brown and since prescription isn't too high, I only wear contacts occasionally (typically when I need to drive, dance, play in my sports league, etc). I first purchased this when I needed a pair of blue contacts for a character I was cosplaying as back in April (click here for the reference picture) and it turns out that the blue didn't show up that much. In fact, the blue on my natural brown eye colour looks almost "normal" or gives it a 'cool blue' or 'dark gray-ish blue' effect. Since it didn't look too out of the ordinary, I've been wearing these instead of my big brown circle lenses that make me look animated. They are super comfortable and they last for a year. I got mine from AngelContacts!


    3. Peripera Lip Tint in Orange:  So as some of you may or may not know, the orange colour is definitely in season for the Spring/Summer 2013 collection. Not only in clothes and in fashion but also in the shades used in make up and in particular lip colours. Since I don't like to put on lipstick or lipgloss on a daily basis, I substitute my lip colour with lip tints. I only found out about lip tints a couple years ago so I'm still getting used to putting this on regularly. However, the reason I mentioned this in my June favourites is that not only do I use this for my lips but I also use it as my blush! Since this lip tint is water based, it applies on fairly smoothly and doesn't streak. I know it sounds weird to use a lip tint for a blush, but trust me, the colour looks AMAZING as a light blush! I purchased my lip tint from the Korean online shop Gmarket.

4. SO Big Liquid Eyeliner from Nature Republic: I bought this a couple years back in Korea and haven't really used it at all after substituting it for my Dollywink Eyeliner. However, since I ran out of the Dollywink Eyeliner, I decided to retry this one and I'm so glad I did! This eyeliner is a brush tip and glides super well onto your eyes. Not only that, it doesn't smudge and it can be removed easily as well. They recently repackaged it and introduced a new line but I haven't tried it. Hopefully it's still the same product because I definitely want to repurchase this! You can check out the new product from the Nature Republic website!


5. Tony Moly Silky Glaze Shine Hair Mask - I first came across this while I was in Korea and was looking for a hair mask that could basically help rejuvenate my dry, bristle hair. When I first purchased this I was fairly skeptical since I've tried a lot of masks and they never seem to work. After trying this for the first time, I was immediately hooked! I will do a product review for this specific hair mask another time but in an overall statement, it smells amazing and it makes your hair super smooth and silky after each use! I got mine from the Tony Moly shops.


6. Professional Pro Deep Repair Treatment from Nature Republic - Similar to my previous rant about the Tony Moly Hair mask, this Deep Repair hair mask does wonders for dry hair in a short amount of time. I generally use this when I need a quick fix for my dry ends since you only need to leave it in for about 3-5 mins. Likewise to the Tony moly Hair mask, I will do a seperate product review entry about the different hair masks that I use so I can show everyone a before and after picture. Overall statement: Definitely have been using it lots in the month of June (so much that I had to get my friend to buy three more tubes for me from South Korea). I got mine from Nature Republic


7. Lioele Dollish Veil Vita BB and Kat Von D Lock-it Tattoo Foundation - These two have been my must-haves products in my daily foundation routine. Since the weather in Vancouver gets a little crazy (it can rain, hail, and be sunny all in one day), I alternate with these two products. The Lioele BB acts as a primer/base for days where I want minimal make up. Since the cream has a tint of green, it reduces the redness in my skin while providing enough tinted coverage for my 'natural' make up look. I got my Lioele BB from the Lioele branches in Korea. 
On days where I need long lasting coverage, I substitute it with my Kat Von D foundation. I've been using the Kat Von D concealer for many years now but it wasn't until recently that they released their foundation line. Not only does it provide full coverage with minimal product but it also feels lighter than if you were to cake loads and loads of foundation on your skin. I would highly suggest getting this if you're looking for a light foundation that gives you full coverage. I got mine at Sephora.

I apologize for the long post but that's it for my June Favourites! Please comment below if you want product reviews on the products I've mentioned today. Remember to  Just Bee Yourself. =)

Make sure to follow my Instagram for more updates!

1 comment:

  1. The lip tint is so cute! xx

    http://mypetitecloset.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete